Director Strategic Procurement
Our customer designs and builds electronic power components for the motion control, renewable energy and power supply markets. As subsidiary of a well-known international group, the company operates largely autonomously with double-digit growth rates and in medium-sized structures.
As a successor to the departing position holder, the company is in search for a new
Power Semiconductor Modules
The Director Strategic Procurement reports – as member of the Extended Senior Leadership Team – directly to the CEO (located at the Headquarters in Munich). In this position he/she is directly in contact with top management of leading power semiconductor manufacturers and responsible for a yearly purchasing volume of approx. 180 Mio €.
The candidate is responsible for leading the international Strategic Procurement Team and the global supply chain. The duties include, but are not limited to
- take full responsibility for the strategic procurement across categories (direct and indirect materials, CAPEX, services)
- take responsibility for raw material inventory
- analyze markets and trends, risks and opportunities, identify potential new sources, respond quickly to quickly changing requirements or influencing drivers
- ensure competitiveness through continuous cost reductions, efficiency improvements
- take accountability for negotiation and management of contracts with vendors
- ensure strict compliance with Internal Approval Policy and Code of Conduct in his/her area of responsibility
- inspire and lead the global procurement team (incl. development/empowerment of team individuals)
The best fitting candidate shows that he/she is being honest, authentic, open-minded, reliable and able to embrace the differentiating attributes of our customer, which are: Speed and Flexibility, Reliable Partnership and Application-specific Solutions.
- University degree in Business Administration / Sourcing, Industrial Engineering, or similar
- 5+ years B2B power electronics/semiconductor experience as group- or department leader procurement
- Proven results in the development and implementation of a sourcing strategy and productivity gains
- Excellent knowledge in at least one ERP system, preferably SAP
- Proficient in analysis tools, e.g. Power BI, MS Excel
- Strong analytical and strategic thinker as well as an action-minded problem solver
- Very good communication /business experience in different cultural settings (Europe, CN, Japan, USA)
- Excellent negotiation skills at all levels
- Fluent in German and English both written and oral
- Positive mindset, well organized and structured
Unser Kunde bietet
The successful candidate will be paid a competitive compensation package commensurate with the important responsibilities of this role in delivering company´s overall business objectives. The framework conditions also include a very attractive working time model.
If you are interested in this position or have any further qustions please contact:
Dr. Jürgen Marquard
+49 173 3131389